Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009






Happy New Year Everyone!

I could sit here and worry about what the future of 2009 holds or I can simply embrace the fact that is coming and know that worrying will change nothing. I could sit here and tell you all of the bad, the horrible, and even the tragic things that happened in 2008 or I can focus on the good memories. It comes to down to choices.

So, for 2008 I will remember Easter at my Mom's, going to Tunica with Amanda and Aunt Shirley, I will remember the houseboat trip with my in-laws, my Dad getting a letter for jury duty (HA!HA!!), everyone going to my Aunt Bobbie's for 4th of July, talking to my cousin Alex again, Baby Madison, John and his family making it home (Mom's house) for Thanksgiving, getting a family picture, meeting Sharon, late night phone calls with Aunt Bobbie, Baby Jake, World Series of Poker Tournament my Uncle Johnny was in, Christmas Village with Brenda,Amanda, and Mom, DragonCon, the Zoo, the pumpkin patch, 6flags with Pete, Lucy, Amanda, Brenda, Charlie, Rosa, Seanna, and Sean, Becky's birthday, Willie hoola hooping on the Wii Fit, Gatlingburg with Troop 540, Lucy saying "I love you tooooo!", the Christmas DVD for Mom & Papa, my girls showing me they have learned the lesson of family over money and things, Seanna being homecoming queen, Rosa's leather pants from Santa, and mostly my Mom being proud of me.

For 2009 I can only hope that my family will stay strong and lean on each other during the hard times and share in the joy of the good ones.
And, for those that feel the need to have a New Year's Resolution I offer you this, my Mom's favorite poem,...

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

No comments: