Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Roy Herron Drops Out of Governors Race???

At 2:45 am I received an email from the campaign of Sen. Roy Herron. Here is the letter:

"Idava,

Tonight, my longtime friend and Congressman, John Tanner, announced he will not seek re-election to Tennessee’s 8th District.

Given the challenges facing this nation, this state, and this congressional district, I feel like I can help make a difference by serving in Congress. And so, I want to let you know immediately of my decision to run.

You deserve a much fuller explanation of my decision than I can give at this late hour. I will be back in touch with you soon to share more. For now, I respectfully ask for your consideration, your support, and your prayers.

Your friend,

Roy"

I like Sen. Herron. I really thought he could have made a huge difference as Governor of Tennessee. He has been a leader in the straw polls so this decision comes as quite a surprise. With Sen Herron out of the Governor's Race, it really opens the door for Jim Kyle. Kyle gives the burning of the barn style stump speeches and people love them!! I think he will fill the void left by Herron. It would take quite a lot for Cammack, McWherter, or McMillan to catch the Herron supporters.
As for the 8th District, I am sure they will miss Rep John Tanner. Rep. Tanner has been serving the people of TN since Jan 3, 1989. I would like wish Rep. Tanner the best luck in his retirement after completing his last year as a United States Representative from Tennessee. For more about Rep Tanner please click here : http://www.house.gov/tanner/

To the people of the 8th District I believe Sen. Herron will represent you well. I can't wait to see the things he can accomplish along side Rep. Alan Grayson!

No comments: