Monday, September 12, 2011

10 yrs Later

I had posted this on Facebook and was just going to leave it at that. However, today I feel the need to get back to blogging and this would certainly be the piece to start that again.
10 Years Later

Where was I on 09/11/01 ? I was at home with my daughters. I spent the day heartbroken, then hopeful there would be survivors, then devastated knowing there weren't. And also grateful that my friend Toni was ok and her family was ok. The next day, I was numb just watching the news over and over. 24hr news can be a bad thing for someone with insomnia. This one event, this one tragedy has changed our nation in more ways than we ever could have expected. From being shoulder to shoulder in solidarity to turning on neighbors, questioning their faith and their patriotism. We went from having freedoms to having Grandma molested by TSA agents in her wheelchair.There have been many political mistakes made, costing us both lives and treasure. We are a nation of great National Landmarks. We used to be able to visit them, study them, video them, and take pictures of them without question. This no longer exist. Every American is now a suspected terrorist. This is not the America I grew up in and it makes me sad that this is what we are handing over to our children. So, when I think of 9/11 what do I feel? At first, my heart is saddened by the pain of those that have lost their lives on that day, those that have gone to war because of that day, and those rescuers that died later from the toxic air. But then I become angry. Not just at that piece of filth that came up with the plan for 9/11 or his trolls that hi jacked the planes, but 10 yrs later I become angry with us. We are a resilient strong nation. We are NOT weak people, not in mind nor in spirit. Yet it is hard to see that in the way we have treated each other over the last 10 yrs. The moment you think it is OK for our government to illegally spy on your neighbor, you have forgotten what it is to be an American. The moment you think it is OK to ban someone's religion, you have forgotten what it is to be an American. The moment you think you have the right to questions someone else's patriotism or think you are more of an American they are, you have forgotten what it means to be an American. I truly hope that today people will come together again and remember, we are ALL Americans. " United We Stand, Divided We Fall." Think about that, reflect on the last 10 yrs, and then think of the future you want for the people of this nation. God Bless Us, and God Bless America.

No comments: