Monday, September 14, 2009

Patrick Swayze



Patrick Swayze has died.
If you watch the video above it is from the movie Dirty Dancing. I was 16 when I watched it and fell in love as only a teenage girl can. He was larger than life on that screen. As I watch the young girls today talk and dream about Robert Pattinson I can fondly remember Patrick Swayze. As Johnny Castle he was the best dancer I had ever seen. He made dancing beautiful, sexual and beautiful. Oh how I wanted to be Jennifer Grey!!! His movies were such a part of my life that on my honeymoon my husband and I watched only 2 videos( yes, before DVDs, 1989). One was a stand up comedian and the other was Roadhouse. "The name is Dalton" said Jeff Healy.



In 1990 Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore starred in the blockbuster movie Ghost. This is truly a love story. Showing that love can conquer everything, even death. Patrick was a great actor. He more than proved himself in this movie while playing the character Sam Wheat. He proved he could dance in Dirty Dancing. But what you may not know is that he could sing. Here's Patrick singing She's Like the Wind.



Born Aug 18, 1952 Patrick Swayze has died today, Sept 14, 2009 at the age 57. He leaves behind his wife of 34 years, Lisa Niemi. Our Prayers are with her and their family and friends.

No comments: