Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tired!!





Oh Me! Oh My! I am still tired. WOW! What a vacation. Luckily we all survived it. Ten of us left out at 6 am Thursday morning to go to Atlanta, Ga. Since I had booked the room using hotwire I was told by the hotel I would be put in a King room. Yeah right! Thankfully, when I got there they were able to put us in rooms with double beds. Other wise I was going to eat that money and stay at a different hotel. We got to Atlanta around 11:00 est, checked into the hotel , and headed straight to the Aquarium. Georgia has an awesome aquarium!! We all watched the Imax film which was great. I think my favorite part was the tropical aquarium. The bright pinks against bright blues and yellows was just amazing. After leaving the Aquarium we headed to the Varsity Restaurant. The Varsity is an Atlanta staple that has been around since 1928. Everyone should go there at least once just for the onion rings. Back to the hotel we went to unload our cars then off to DragonCon. Oh you got to love Atlanta traffic...NOT! If I thought the car traffic was bad it was nothing compared to the 2 hours in line to get our DragonCon badges! Now that is 10:30 pm what did we do? Go to the hotel and get rest? NO! Off we had to go to Kroger before we went back to the hotel. Why? Because I was not going to pay $18.95 for 2 eggs. We have found an awesome parking garage ...WHOO HOO!! So now we are off to start the DragonCon adventure. I have Seanna in line to see James Marsters. Sean has taken Rosa and Claranda to get in line to see Peter Facinelli. How did that work out? Not so great , sign posted saying changes have been made Pete will not be there until tomorrow. So off they go to get in line for TAPS. The guys from the show Ghost Hunters. Claranda absolutely loves that show and this was such a treat a for her. So many people are in line to see James Marsters but Seanna waits patiently. She was wearing a shirt I had made for her on CafePress that said "Team Spike 'Cause Real Vampires Don't Sparkle". When James saw that he said "Yes! Love it!" and then signed her Spike doll. We left the Hilton and went on to the Marriot to pay for the photos they girls would be having done with James Marsters and Peter Facinelli. On to the Hyatt for the paper work to sign Rosa up for the Dawn Contest. Lots and lots and lots of walking!!! Called my sister and her family they spent the day at the mall shopping and we were going to meet up for dinner. I so love Mexican food!!! We went to El Azteca off Roswell drive. The food is great and the service is awesome! They had a clown/magician that came to our table. He was excellent. He even pulled a scarf out of Seanna's sleeve. Hmmm, how did that get there? Then they had their band play at our table. Again it was just awesome. Time to go back to the hotel Rosa has an early photo shoot! So it is Saturday and I have to get up at the crack of butt but thankfully Sean is taking Rosa to this photo shoot while I stay at the hotel with the other 2 kids. Brenda and her family are going to the Atlanta zoo today. This day is run , run, run, and run. Rosa had her photo set at 9:45 then turned in her registration for the Dawn Contest,and then they came back to the hotel. Seanna is now sick and not feeling like doing anything. But alas, the show must go on and on she went. I did her hair and make up and we were off to the Marriot for her photo shoot with James Marsters.Sean took Rosa and Claranda to see Peter and get Rosa's phot autographed. UGH. Another line. James told Seanna she looked fabulous. Of course with that her smile swelled and so did her head. Time for food so we headed to the Peachtree Center Mall food court. Yes, you can do good deeds on vacation! Two years ago , the first time I went to Atlanta for DragonCon my kids and I volunteered to help with the Jerry Lewis Telethon that was being hosted at our hotel. This year, after leaving the food court, Sean and I gave blood for the local Red Cross. Every pint donated can save 3 lives! After donating blood and feeling whoosie it was off to the Hyatt ( more walking..RUNNING). Sean, Rosa, and Claranda went to the car to Rosa's outfit. Seanna and I went straight to the hotel...but we got lost. UGH. But we made it in time! Rosa was in the bathroom changing into her Dawn Costume. We got her changed and checked in. Backstage I was able to do her hair and make up. She was beautiful. The staff treated her like a star and she truly loved it. I loved watching my butterfly come out of her cocoon. She was amazing. We didn't get back to the hotel until around 11:30 that night. I talked to Brenda who said the Zoo was lacking funding and had changed so much in just one year. It was sad. She said Rosa would have cried if she had seen the animals in the condition they are now in. Get some rest and start again! Sunday morning and we are off to DragonCon again! First to the Marriot to get the picture of Seanna with James. Now off to the Hilton to stand in a long line to get that photo autographed! And if I thought her head was huge before...OMG when he personalized this photo I didn't know if she would fit back in the car!!!! Find Sean, Rosa, and Claranda and we off to meet Brenda at the Fernbank Museum...woo hoo MORE WALKING! Now Lucy isn't feeling too great. She seems to be coming down with a cold. The museum is OK but NOTHING like ones in Los Angeles. Back to the hotel for us. Lucy was asking to go swimming so all the kids went swimming. We were hoping that the swim would make Lucy and in one aspect it did. She was really happy in the pool. But that evening her fever spiked to 102. That's not good. Brenda and Pete went to the store and got her some meds. We got it down to 100.3 and then she went to sleep. Either something strong was going or my combination of chili cheese fritos and grape cola was not a good idea. Because at 4 am I was in the bathroom doubled over that potty. It was not pretty but it was purple! Sean comes to the bathroom and says "Hey, we don't have to go to Six Flags today." To which I said "Yes we do". Sean , " No we DON'T!". I said " I already bought the tickets." Then my loving husband said "Oh, ok, so we are going to six flags!". Got to love him! OK time for check out and off to DragonCon to buy the last couple of things, then off to Six Flags!! Met Brenda and her family at Six Flags and got some great photos. Amanda and I did the cupid shuffle with Mr. Six Flags. The girls got soaked on the ThunderRiver ride. Then it was time to hit the road and head home around 5 in the evening. We finally got back home Monday night around 9:30pm. It was a great great weekend!!!

No comments: