Monday, November 16, 2009

This is shameful!

I just read an article from The Curvature regarding Rape Kits going untested. After a woman has been raped, goes to the hospital to be tested, is probed and prodded for a roughly 4 hr exam, and until 2009 has had to pay for these kits, they aren't sent off for months and even years??? What the hell?
Excuse me, if I am not kind in my words at this point but how can anyone look at these women and say testing this material wasn't that important? How do you look at the next woman raped by this man because they had no rush on find who he was? Why even bother if you aren't going to test the kit for 6 months to 8 yrs??? I am so sorry for those that actually do their job and do it well regarding this matter, because this has brought shame to the entire field. You can read the full story here: Rape Kits: Yes, Still Going Untested : The Curvature

No comments: