Thursday, March 12, 2009

Living Life




I really like this song. I have been going through a bunch of old family pictures. I wonder what family members were like. What were my parents like when they were young? What were my grandparents like? I do not believe the people they are today is what they were before. Life experiences change us. They sure smiled more before they had us kids!!! They were in better health and they were living life. If there is a downside to being the youngest child it is that your memories of your parents are very different from that of the older kids. By the time they have you they are already tired, worn out, and on their last nerve of dealing with people (that's why you were LAST). They could not take one more!
Now, with kids of my own, I know that our kids see us different from how we really were and how we really are. The person they know...the mom- she makes rules, pays bills, doesn't let them fight, blah blah blah is boring, can't dance, and is overall dorky to them. Needless to say, that is not my husband's wife. Not who he married and thankful not how he sees me. But someday they will look at pictures of me and their Dad and say "Wow! You really had us fooled!"

No comments: