Monday, March 16, 2009

WTH?????


What the hell is going on? I told people, everyone I could, we should NEVER bail out AIG. They are a global insurance company. Let the entire world bail them out not just US or let them sink! Sink works for me considering that is what AIG would say if it were my finances on the line. SO, now after several months, we know a little bit of where AIG spent the bailout money they received from United States TAXPAYERS.
From CNN : AIG names recipients of its bailout money - CNN.com

"AIG, a recipient of at least $170 billion in federal bailout money , got an $85 billion loan from the Federal Reserve.
The list released Sunday of "counterparties" that benefited from the bailout is topped by European banks Societe Generale and Deutsche Bank, which received $4.1 billion and $2.6 billion, respectively. "

European banks??? WTH??? WHY didn't EUROPEAN nations bailout AIG??? This is pathetic , disgraceful, and sickening.
I think of how hard my Aunt Bobbie had to fight, even get an attorney to get back some of the MONEY she paid into Social Security because she had stage IV kidney cancer. She, an American citizen , who worked from age 16-61 was DENIED repeatedly last year because having a terminal illness was considered the same as having a broken ankle, WHILE this disgusting company with its sleazy employees took the tax dollars she had paid AND gave them to banks in EUROPE! These people make me sick! I hope that AIG completely and totally tanks and takes their precious board members with them to the poor the house. I have no sympathy what so ever. I see these people as nothing more than thieves. Words can not even express the distain I have for OUR government for allowing this to happen.

UPDATE 8:10 am: Ok, I just got off the phone with AIG. I had to double check and make sure this informations was absolutely accurate. It is. I spoke with a nice gentleman named Richard. We even discussed the bonus checks for the employees in London and the dilema that has put AIG in. AIG is under a binding contract to pay those bonuses and if they do not it could cost AIG double the money for breaking the contract. I also know that Mr. Liddy is not taking a salary and is trying to turn this company around. The things that are upsetting to me were put into place before he took over. But mostly, I am truly upset with my government. I just can't get past the point that they would give money to a corporation that in turn would use that money to bailout banks Europe. They would do this and not help my Aunt. She received 1 social security before she died. I do not know the amount of that 1 check but I am pretty damn sure it was A LOT less than the $6.7 billion given to foreign banks. In a word, Shameful.

No comments: