Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas



It is the first snow. We've been praying for it to start feeling like Christmas. Looks like some prayers have been answered. In my family we call it "a win". You take hit after hit of bad news. There is only so much people can take before they need some glimmer of hope. It doesn't matter how big or small, sometimes we just need a win. So, yes seeing my two healthy kids outside playing in the snow, yeah that is a huge win. Ok, so I have a cold, my throat is killing me, my eyes hurt, my head hurts, my sinus are about to exploded but watching those girls I felt no pain. Their joy can take away my pain. We are still here, we are together, we are strong, we are a family. Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Sharon Cobb said...

That's the stuff that matters and makes you rich.

I do hope you get to feeling better! Let me know if you need me to bring you some soup.